Archive for the ‘theory’ Category
22-04-2014 - Yentl Kivits
14-03-2014 - Clara Silva
In Loving Memory of the Not Emminent Death of Paper || presentation
video + funeral installation + A6 booklet
12-06-2013 - wuasa
Reading material on Exquisite Cadaver
29-05-2013 - 0850665
Personal definition :
It is an image (most of the time humoristic) where an idea or a person is represented but it has no immediate sense, that’s why a sentence is associated to it. It is part of the web entries that are consumed every day but are not meant to last in the future.
First definition :
What is MEME?
MEME is “An idea that spreads like a virus by word of mouth, email, blogs etc”
MEME Definition / MEME Means
The definition of MEME is “An idea that spreads like a virus by word of mouth, email, blogs etc”
The Meaning of MEME
MEME means “An idea that spreads like a virus by word of mouth, email, blogs etc”
So now you know – MEME means “An idea that spreads like a virus by word of mouth, email, blogs etc” – don’t thank us. YW!
What does MEME mean?
MEME is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained above where the MEME definition is given.
Second definition :
An Internet meme is a cultural phenomenon that spreads from one person to another online.
A meme spread online could be just about anything that is voluntarily shared, including phrases, images, rumors and audio or video files. An Internet meme might originate and stay online. However, frequently memes cross over and may spread from the offline world to online or vice-versa.
Third definition :
An Internet meme may take the form of an image, hyperlink, video, picture, website, or hashtag. It may be just a word or phrase, including an intentional misspelling. These small movements tend to spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, or news sources. They may relate to various existing Internet cultures or subcultures, often created or spread on sites such as 4chan, Redditand numerous others.
An Internet meme may stay the same or may evolve over time, by chance or through commentary, imitations, parody, or by incorporating news accounts about itself. Internet memes can evolve and spread extremely rapidly, sometimes reaching world-wide popularity within a few days. Internet memes usually are formed from some social interaction, pop culture reference, or situations people often find themselves in. Their rapid growth and impact has caught the attention of both researchers and industry. Academically, researchers model how they evolve and predict which memes will survive and spread throughout the Web. Commercially, they are used in viral marketing where they are an inexpensive form of mass advertising.
Fourth definition :
- an idea, belief or belief system, or pattern of behavior that spreads throughout a culture either vertically by cultural inheritance (as by parents to children) or horizontally by cultural acquisition (as by peers, information media, and entertainment media)
- a pervasive thought or thought pattern that replicates itself via cultural means; a parasitic code, a virus of the mind especially contagious to children and the impressionable
- the fundamental unit of information, analogous to the gene in emerging evolutionary theory of culture- meme pool (n.) :
- all memes of a culture or individual
- memetic (adj.) : relating to memes
- memetics (n.) : the study of memes
- in blogspeak, an idea that is spread from blog to blog
- an internet information generator, especially of random or contentless information
Free culture meme exemples :
20-03-2013 - wuasa
20-03-2013 - wuasa
To read the full book online, click here